From Kildare to Kilkenny

May 9: Off to Kilkenny

I left Celtic Rider and Paul a little before noon for the 75-mile ride to Kilkenny. Liam from Celtic Rider led the way for the first hour. After a while, we stopped and Liam asked me if I was ready to ride by myself.

“Yep, I’m ready to go!”

So off I went toward Kilkenny. And no, it has nothing to do with Kenny from South Park! 😂




I was heading to the River Court Hotel, and my riding partner from the Motorcycle Men podcast was ready to join me for the trip. Ted from MM had sent along Woody, who has been traveling all over the U.S. and even to parts of Europe. So you’ll be seeing Woody in some of my pictures along the way.

On the way to Kilkenny, I had to make a right turn after going through a roundabout. This was the one and only time I forgot to stay on the left!

I watched a car pull out from a side street and, to me, it looked like he was going into the wrong lane. I thought, “That’s weird.”

We were both going pretty slowly, but we ended up meeting head-on!

It was about that moment that I realized…

“I’M IN THE WRONG LANE!” 😳

After I got around him, he blew his horn at me. A little late for that! 😂





I finally made it to Kilkenny and checked into the hotel. Of course, after the ride I needed some dinner.

May 9th is also an important day for me. It’s Nancy’s birthday, and it has been a year and a half since she began her solo journey. I wanted to do something to celebrate her birthday, so I had to have a Cosmo, Nancy’s favorite drink. ❤️

I walked across the street to Miller’s Inn, and yes—they made me a Cosmo!




The hotel was right next to Kilkenny Castle, which made for a great location.

I was up early the next morning—about 5:00 a.m.—so I took a little walk around town while everything was still quiet. My left knee was hurting a little more by then, probably from all the walking I had been doing.




But tomorrow is another riding day.

Next stop: Kinsale! 🇮🇪🏍️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayr to the Ferry

Oban to Ayr